Breast Cancer Remains A Mystery In South Africa, Education Desperately Needed
PinkDrive is appealing to people across the world to donate via the payment portals on their website to help expand their education fleet. They are asking for a humble 1 Euro or 1 Dollar, stating that 'one-by-one will win the fight against this disease that requires education more than anything else'.
The PinkDrive website runs a counter that shows that over 40,000 women have been clinically examined and almost 50,000 have been educated in 3 years.
"We have been running with just three education vehicles and teams up to now, but we feel it is imperative to expand our reach, there is simply too much need in South Africa. That is why we are calling on everyone to donate."
The organisation also coaches health care workers at local clinics on breast examination so that clinical pickup of tumors by medical staff can increase."Around 1 in 8 of the women we see have breast cancer. Many of those cases are already in stage 2," concludes Kotschan. "It pains me to think that, if only for education, much of this suffering could be prevented." About PinkDrive: PinkDrive is a non-profit committed to improving breast cancer awareness, education, and providing and offering services to women across South Africa, particularly to those who do not have access to information on breast health. They currently have two mobile breast units, an education unit working in approximately 80 community health centers in Gauteng and a mammography unit, which operates at 3 community health centers in the Cape Town area, under the Tygerberg Hospital jurisdiction. PinkDrive aims to provide affordable, convenient mammography services to women in the private and corporate sectors; and provide free scanning and education to disadvantaged communities via local clinics, community health centres and specified hospitals with no oncology facilities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV