DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford projects November as its best hybrid sales month ever exceeding 6,000 units, up from previous record of 5,353 units sold in July 2009
- Ford expects to achieve all-time-high 11 percent share of electrified vehicle market – an increase of more than fivefold this year alone driven by C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid sales of 4,400 units projected for November
- All-new Fusion Hybrid is turning in just four days; year-to-date 27 percent of Fusion retail orders are for hybrid model
- Sixty-five percent of C-MAX Hybrid buyers are new to Ford; Toyota Prius is No. 1 competitive trade-in model followed by Honda CR-V
Ford projects November will be its best hybrid sales month ever with more than 6,000 units sold. Ford is expected to capture an all-time-high 11 percent share of the electrified vehicle market – an increase of more than fivefold this year alone. November marks the first full month the all-new C-MAX Hybrid, all-new C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and all-new Fusion Hybrid are available on dealer lots.
This record beats the previous record of 5,353 sales, which was achieved by Ford in July 2009 – the same month the Car Allowance Rebate System was in effect.
The new electrified vehicles are helping Ford beat Toyota in fuel economy in every segment where both compete. Customers are increasingly taking notice and adding Ford to their lists, with more than 97 percent of shoppers prioritizing fuel economy."Our electrified vehicles are a great symbol of how Ford is delivering leading fuel economy across our lineup – something that's driving more and more customers to switch to us from Toyota and others," says C.J. O'Donnell, marketing manager for Ford Electrified Vehicles. "We're providing our customers the power to choose from a suite of electric vehicles that offer leading fuel economy, performance and technology – at a perfect time when nearly all customers are prioritizing fuel economy and more than 60 percent are considering hybrids." The Fusion was recognized for its green efforts at the 2012 L.A. Auto Show, where it was named Green Car Journal's 2013 Green Car of the Year ®. "The 2013 Ford Fusion leads the way toward a new generation of advanced vehicles with its diverse portfolio of clean and efficient power choices, along with its suite of advanced electronics, desirability, and buyer accessibility," according to the official press release. The all-new C-MAX hybrid vehicles – Ford's first hybrid-only nameplate that includes C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid – should help Ford achieve this record with a projected 4,400 sales in November.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV