Total assets were $615.3 million at September 30, 2012, compared to $628.4 million at September 30, 2011. Total deposits were $484.0 million at September 30, 2012, compared to $507.7 million at September 30 of the prior year, as the Bank continues to focus on core transaction accounts while reducing the balance sheet by letting higher cost deposits run off. Non-interest bearing deposits increased 4.6% to $59.3 million at September 30, 2012, compared to $56.7 million a year earlier while interest bearing deposits declined 5.8% to $424.6 million at September 30, 2012, compared to $451.0 million a year earlier. Total deposits per branch averaged $34.3 million at September 30, 2012.
Income Statement Review
Patriot’s third quarter net interest income was $4.2 million, compared to $4.9 million in the third quarter a year ago. Interest income decreased 13.4% compared to the third quarter a year ago as a result of the lower interest rate environment’s impact on loans that re-priced, loan payoffs, and the overall loan mix. Interest expense decreased 10.7% compared to the third quarter a year ago due to the reduction in interest bearing deposits and the increase in non-interest bearing deposits. In the first nine months of 2012, net interest income was $19.5 million compared to $21.4 million in the first nine months of 2011. The decline compared to the first nine months of the prior year was due to the overall lower rate environment and the change in the balance sheet mix.
The lower interest rate environment held Patriot’s net interest margin flat during the third quarter. The net interest margin in the third quarter of 2012 was 2.86%, compared to 2.81% in the second quarter of 2012 and 3.40% in the third quarter a year ago. In the first nine months of the year the net interest margin was 2.98% compared to 3.12% in the first nine months of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV