Aedes Real Estate, Hyatt and Marcel Wanders announced today a donation to the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam. The major financial gift by Aedes, Marcel Wanders, and a Hyatt affiliate is made on the occasion of the official opening of Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, the first Hyatt hotel in the Netherlands. The donation will be celebrated at a lunch hosted by Amsterdam Mayor Eberhard van der Laan and Alderman Carolien Gehrels at the Mayor’s residence on Friday, November 30, 2012.
The new supporters of the Stedelijk Museum aim to connect local residents as well as international visitors to the arts and culture in Amsterdam. For example, Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht showcases a permanent video art collection of 40 unique pieces from various emerging and established local and international video artists throughout the hotel.
Initiators Paul Geertman of Aedes Real Estate and Marcel Wanders envision the high-end lifestyle hotel as a new hotspot for guests, visitors and the creative community. “Mixed use of spaces has always been a major theme in my work. It creates dynamic places that attract a variety of people. Developing the Andaz enabled us to create a new place to share art with a broader audience. To me it was a logical step to intensify the bonds we had already built with the Stedelijk Museum and the City of Amsterdam in our shared passion for contemporary art and local culture,” said Paul Geertman.
The cooperation between Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht and the Stedelijk Museum is further evident in the new “Hyatt Room,” located on the 2nd floor of the Stedelijk Museum. The “Hyatt Room” currently houses a selection of contemporary art works, including, ‘Femme nue devant le jardin’ by Pablo Picasso, ‘Fingermalerei – Akt’ by Georg Baselitz, ‘Velazquez’ by Franz West, and Philip Guston’s ‘Painting, Smoking, Eating’ and ‘The Door.’
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV