No Outsourcing For California Arts And Crafts Manufacturing Plant
WINCHESTER, Calif., Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In an age where American corporations are increasingly outsourcing jobs overseas to save money, one organization refuses to follow this trend and continues to produce quality arts and crafts projects for veteran patients.
Help Hospitalized Veterans (HHV), the world's largest distributor of free arts and crafts kits for veteran patients, runs both its headquarters offices as well as a manufacturing plant in the Inland Empire region of southern California. HHV provides nearly a million craft kits annually and employs a staff of almost 100.
"The majority of our production department employees are long-timers," said Chip Purkey, HHV's plant manager. They cut leather and wood components from raw materials, which are then packaged and sent to veterans receiving medical care.
The kits, such as leather moccasins and wallets, wood clocks and keepsake boxes, plastic sun-catchers and many others are designed to assist veterans in their rehabilitation process."In 2011 over a half million craft kits were produced," said Purkey. "Our staff is keenly aware of who will be receiving the fruits of their labor. They take great pride and care in their workmanship," Purkey added. "HHV kits will always be free to veteran patients because the price has already been paid by their sacrifices," Purkey said. "I'll let you in on a little secret. A lot of people believe that Santa's workshop is at the North Pole. It's not. It's here in Winchester, California!" Contact: Frank Cimorelli 928-771-2071 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Help Hospitalized Veterans
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV