I suspect that, over time, we will hear numbers being pumped for all of these companies as they furiously try to get the inventory where it is needed.
It's going to be rocky. It will be difficult just getting the contractors to the houses, or hiring contractors, given a labor shortage and the wipe-out of so many contractors' places of business. But this event will provide multiple quarters of growth, and it is growth in which you must invest during every fiscal-cliff dip over the next four to eight weeks as wrangling in the Capitol continues.
It's interesting, because the housing and construction business was just beginning to come back on its own; witness this morning's strong pending-home sales. But, layer on Sandy damage, and you get sharply better-than-expected quarters for companies that have been serial disappointers for ages. It's a major change, and one that will become the story for the first half of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV