Washington Gas Energy Services (WGES) today announced the launch of the PA WindPower Campaign, www.pawindpowercampaign.com, a community-based marketing campaign that rewards Pennsylvania communities in the PECO territory when WGES PA WindPower is purchased. WGES PA WindPower is a new electricity product offered by WGES that is sourced exclusively from Pennsylvania wind.
The PA WindPower Campaign will invite 25 pre-selected municipalities to compete for ten 1kW micro-wind turbines. Other municipalities will be offered up to $2,500 in financial incentives. Each municipality that accepts the Campaign challenge and achieves defined program milestones will be recognized as a Pennsylvania WindPower Community. Participating commercial customers who purchase WGES PA WindPower will also have the opportunity to receive financial incentives or help their municipality earn rewards.
To manage the PA WindPower Campaign, WGES has contracted with SmartPower, an organization with a successful track record of promoting clean energy and energy efficiency.
“WGES PA WindPower is the latest addition to our portfolio of innovative green products,” said Harry Warren, President, Washington Gas Energy Services. “Customers who choose WGES PA WindPower will improve local air quality while supporting the Pennsylvania economy.”The goal of the PA WindPower Campaign is to attract 5,000 Pennsylvania residents, small businesses, municipalities as well as other organizations to sign up for WGES PA WindPower. When the PA WindPower Campaign reaches its customer goal, it will be the equivalent of:
- Removing 7,000 cars from Pennsylvania roads for one year; or
- Saving 4,000,000 gallons of gasoline; or
- Planting 84,000 trees; or
- Removing nearly 38,000 metric tons of CO2 from the atmosphere.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV