Denny’s Corporation (NASDAQ: DENN), franchisor and operator of one of America's largest full-service restaurant chains, recently partnered with the Denny’s Franchisee Association for its annual convention. Members of the Denny’s community came together to celebrate the Company’s progress over the past year and to formulate the plans for the continued growth of the brand.
“I’d like to extend a sincere thank you to all of our franchisees and members of the Denny’s team for their ongoing commitment to the success of the Denny’s brand,” commented John Miller, president and chief executive officer of Denny’s Corporation. “Our franchise partners are the driving force behind the growth of our brand and we look forward to working closely together as we continue to provide our guests with a unique diner experience filled with craveable menu items available only at Denny’s.”
Craig Barber, chairman of Denny’s Franchisee Association Board added, “This year’s convention celebrated the commitment of the DFA, our franchise community and Denny’s corporate leadership team to further strengthen our brand in 2013. We are eager to continue working together to build upon the momentum of 2012 and become even stronger and united in our execution as we work to please our guests in our restaurants every day.”
At the convention, Denny’s announced its annual awards for the following franchisees who were recognized for their remarkable performance this year:
- Franchisee of the Year, Large Operator – Khaled Obeid of Khaled Obeid Corporation won the Large Operator category for franchisees operating 10 restaurants or more
- Franchisee of the Year, Small Category – David Kahre of Pride Restaurants, LLC won the Small Operator category for franchisees operating nine restaurants or less
- President’s Guiding Principle Award – Glenn & Tina Beattie from GB Restaurants and Topline Restaurants were awarded this achievement for their outstanding commitment to the Denny’s brand
- Developer of the Year – Doug Koch and Robbie Qualls of QK, Inc.
- International Developer of the Year – Robert T. Gaglardi and Robert J. Gaglardi of Dencan Restaurants
- Local Sales Builder of the Year – Kevin Floyd of Topline Restaurants
- Co-op President of the Year – Miles Holland of MRH Enterprises, Inc.
- Denny’s awarded its Guiding Principles Awards to the following five franchisees who demonstrate the core attributes of Denny’s on a daily basis:
- ‘Guests First’ was awarded to Jerry Fouts from J & D Restaurants, Inc.
- ‘Embrace Openness’ was awarded to Anil Yadav from Central Valley Diner, Inc.
- ‘Proud of Our Heritage’ was awarded to Doug Koch & Robbie Qualls from QK Inc.
- ‘Hungry to Win’ was awarded to Jack Thompson & Tom Pilbeam from PTS Hospitality, LLC.
- ‘The Power of We’ was awarded to Kevin Coveney from Retro Concepts Limited
- Franchise Business Leader of the Year – Steve Felson won this new award category