Barclays analyst Jason Goldberg on Nov. 12 said that he expects Wells Fargo to be among the large banks that "return the majority of their 2013 net income to shareholders in dividends and buyback next year." After the last round of Federal Reserve stress tests were completed in March, the company was approved to increase its quarterly dividend by 10 cents to the current 22 cents, and repurchase $3.5 billion in common shares, through the first quarter of 2013.
Following the next round of stress tests in the first quarter, Goldberg expects Wells Fargo to be approved by the Fed to raise its quarterly dividend by another four cents, and be approved for $6 billion in share buybacks through the first quarter of 2014.
Goldberg rates Wells Fargo "Overweight," with a price target of $42.00.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV