- Net sales increased 22.4% to $505.6 million from $413.1 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011;
- Comparable store sales (sales for stores open at least 14 months) increased 8.4% compared to an increase of 9.6% in the third quarter of fiscal 2011;
- Gross profit increased 60 basis points to 36.7% from 36.1% in the third quarter of fiscal 2011;
- Selling, general and administrative (SG&A) expense as a percentage of net sales decreased 120 basis points to 23.3% compared to 24.5% in the third quarter of fiscal 2011;
- Preopening expenses increased to $6.3 million, compared to $4.0 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011. Real estate activity in the third quarter included 49 new stores, one relocation and 11 remodels compared to 28 new stores and one relocation in the third quarter of fiscal 2011;
- Operating income increased 38.6% to $61.3 million, or 12.1% of net sales, compared to $44.2 million, or 10.7% of net sales, in the third quarter of fiscal 2011;
- The tax rate of 37.7% reflects $0.01 per diluted share benefit compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2011 driven primarily by stock option exercises;
- Net income increased 42.5% to $38.2 million compared to $26.8 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011; and
- Income per diluted share increased 40.5% to $0.59 compared to $0.42 in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
Ulta Beauty Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.