Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) has launched a pilot programme in the U.K., giving small businesses an easy, secure and inexpensive way to accept card payments anywhere. Intuit Pay, from the makers of QuickBooks, is being tested by hundreds of small businesses in the U.K., and includes a free mobile app with a low-cost chip and PIN card reader.
Intuit Pay is ideal for both brick-and-mortar businesses and those on the go – from tradesmen to taxis, and from markets to manufacturers. It allows small businesses to get paid on the spot so they never miss a sale. Businesses in the pilot can use Intuit Pay to accept credit or debit card payments in two easy ways:
- In person: Accept credit cards anywhere, using a smartphone or tablet, a free app and the Intuit Pay chip and PIN card reader.
- From home or office: Process credit and debit card payments instantly online from a computer.
Pilot participant Rob Welch, who runs tour company smallcarBIGCITY, said: “This week alone, I have encountered six clients that wanted the flexibility of taking payments there and then. Catering to your clients needs can be the difference between success and failure. Intuit Pay is the cheap, effective and safe way of taking card payments I have been looking for. My business needs the flexibility to take payment from my customers anytime, anywhere, so I am really excited to be part of this pilot and to see how Intuit Pay can help my business grow.”
Intuit Pay captures the highly successful and proven experience of Intuit’s payment offerings, including GoPayment and QuickBooks Merchant Service. By encrypting all customer data and keeping it safe, it meets the unique requirements of the U.K. payments industry and is approved for chip and PIN payments by Visa and MasterCard.“For many small businesses, accepting card payments has simply not been an attractive option,” said Terry Hicks, vice president for products for Intuit’s global business division. “It can take weeks to get set up, the equipment and transactions can be expensive and there is no easy way to take payments on the go. With Intuit Pay you can sign up and begin accepting card payments within minutes. Our mobile app and card reader lets you securely take payments anywhere using your own smartphone or tablet.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV