MORRISTOWN, N.J., Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jersey Central Power and Light (JCP&L) is revising its payment plan options for customers who may need help paying their electric bills in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
The changes make the payment plans more flexible than current installment plan arrangements. The revised plans will remain in place through the winter period ending March 15, 2013.
"Hurricane Sandy was a devastating storm and continues to be a financial hardship for many of our customers," said Ronald I. Green, vice president, Customer Service, FirstEnergy. "Whether it be lengthening the payback period or reducing the down payment amount, our goal is to tailor the payment plan options to better assist customers in the hardest-hit areas."The revised payment plan arrangements for JCP&L customers are:
- Customers can make an initial payment of up to 25 percent of the outstanding balance, and can arrange a budget installment plan to pay off the remaining balance over 12 months.
- If a customer is unable to fulfill the initial payment plan due to continued financial hardship, a second plan can be established requiring a payment of up to 25 percent of the balance. Also, a six-month installment plan can be implemented instead of the current three-month plan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV