READING, Pa., Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Metropolitan Edison (Met-Ed), Pennsylvania Electric Company (Penelec), West Penn Power, and Pennsylvania Power (Penn Power) are revising payment plan options for customers who may need help paying their electric bills in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
The changes make the payment plans more flexible than the current installment plan arrangements. The revised plans will remain in place through March 15, 2013.
"Hurricane Sandy was a devastating storm and continues to be a financial hardship for many of our customers," said Ronald I. Green, vice president, Customer Service, FirstEnergy. "Whether it be lengthening the payback period or reducing the down payment amount, our goal is to tailor the payment plan options to better assist customers in the hardest-hit areas."
The revised payment plan arrangements for Met-Ed, Penelec, West Penn Power, and Penn Power customers are:
- Customers with income levels above current state requirements will be able to receive two payment plans instead of one as currently allowed.
- If a customer is not able to fulfill the first or second payment plans due to continued financial hardship, another installment plan could be established.
- Payback periods would remain unchanged, varying from six to 36 months depending on income level.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV