Tangoe, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNGO), a leading global provider of Communications Lifecycle Management (CLM) software and related services, today announced support for Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8 on Nokia, Samsung, and HTC mobile devices. The latest enhancements to Tangoe’s Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution help businesses to securely activate, deploy, and manage Windows Phone 8 devices while simplifying administration and usability of increasingly complex mobile communications environments.
“The widespread adoption and expansion of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) mobile environments within the enterprise requires that mobility managers rapidly adapt to the complexities caused by changing technologies and device types within organizations,” said Wayne DeCesaris, Tangoe SVP of Managed Solutions. “Tangoe MDM can simplify these complex mobile environments and deliver the security, control, ease-of-use, and rapid deployment necessary for enterprises to successfully manage the rising tide of mobile devices and operating systems flooding their organizations.”
The new Windows Phone 8 features of Tangoe MDM support multiple infrastructures, including customer premise, Tangoe hosted (SaaS), fully managed service, and allow users to:
- Block defined devices from accessing MS Exchange
- Implement multiple device quarantine filters based upon:
- Device platform
- Device model
- MDM client presence
- The recency of device synchronization with MDM
- Configure passcode policies including encryption enforcement when devices are at rest
- Configure Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policies for one or multiple accounts and set synchronization schedules
- Perform enterprise or device wipe, lock, and kill commands
- Enable GPS-based location tracking for lost or stolen devices and tablets
- Capture detailed device information including name, model, manufacturer, carrier network, roaming status and OS version
Tangoe MDM is a scalable end-to-end platform that allows enterprises to gain visibility and control for a wide array of smart-device types and operating systems and reduce mobile device costs. Tangoe MDM’s flexible rules-based policy engine enables the administration of Windows Phone 8, iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and other devices based upon a variety of criteria including device type, employee data, carrier type, device location, organizational information, and device OS.