3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Non-Durables Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Ecolab ( ECL) is up $0.53 (0.8%) to $71.50 on light volume Thus far, 366,324 shares of Ecolab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $71.08-$71.65 after having opened the day at $71.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.97. Ecolab Inc. develops and markets programs, products, and services for the hospitality, foodservice, healthcare, industrial, and energy markets. Ecolab has a market cap of $20.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Ecolab a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ecolab as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Ecolab Ratings Report now. Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR ( XLP) while those bearish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts