TORONTO, Nov. 29, 2012 /CNW/ - TD Asset Management Inc. (TDAM), the manager of TD Mutual Funds, was recognized at the 18 th annual Morningstar® Canadian Investment Awards™ held in Toronto last night. The TD Canadian Core Plus Bond Fund was named Canadian Fixed Income Fund of the year. This is the seventh time that a TD Fund has won for Canadian Fixed Income Fund of the year.
"Winning this award, once again, in one of Canada's most popular fund categories, is a testament to the long-term investment excellence that we deliver to investors," said Sandra Cimoroni, President, TD Mutual Funds. "It acknowledges the strength of our fixed income team and highlights the outstanding investment results that stem from their breadth of experience."
The TD Health Sciences Fund was also recognized as the top fund in its category for the fourth consecutive year.
Several TD Mutual Funds were also named finalists in the following categories:
- TD Monthly Income Fund - was a finalist in the category for best Canadian Balanced Fund.
- TD U.S. Blue Chip Equity Fund - was a finalist in the category for best U.S. Equity Fund.
- TD U.S. Small-Cap Equity Fund - was finalist in the category for best U.S. Small/Mid Cap Equity Fund.
- TD Emerging Markets Fund - was a finalist in the Emerging Markets category.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts