Books, movies, licensing old songs out for various uses, reissues, new apps and games branded with the band's signature "lapping tongue" logo, virtual performances online -- the possibilities are endless to reinvigorate sales of existing albums and songs.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the band form a few of its own high-quality Stones tribute bands out of auditioned younger musicians and reap the profits from shows and merchandise sales around the world, the bands acting like living action figures.
But whatever strategies pan out, chances are the Stones will go on finding ways to revive public interest for years to come. The band is a master at this game, as it has proven over and over, five decades running.-- Written by Carlton Wilkinson in Asbury Park, N.J. Follow @CarltonTSC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV