Critics have argued that few of today’s ACOs live up to the potential of the model, and the Oliver Wyman team are quick to agree. “Many of the organizations we have looked at are really ACOs in name only,” says coauthor Rick Weil. “But this is a case where averages don’t count. Instead, you look at the spread of the new model and the performance of the best-in-class. And best-in-class ACOs are delivering exceptional results. For example, one California ACO had a zero percent premium increase its first year—something many people in healthcare would have said was impossible. As more and more ACOs learn to make the model work, they have the potential to change the whole dynamic of U.S. healthcare for the better.”
The full report is available at http://www.oliverwyman.com/the-aco-surprise.htm.
About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 25 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm's 3,000 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV