Both destinations, on their own, and as comparison cases, have something -- or several somethings -- compelling enough to attract and draw us in. Few retailers can say that. Other than getting something right now, there's no reason to waste precious time on something as uninspiring as visiting a brick and mortar retail outlet.
Today, Caris raised estimates for Amazon's top and bottom line. It also upped its price target on the stock to $314.
Don't let the bears, who likely do not have the guts (because, deep down, they're smart) to short the stock, suck you into a trap. Only about 2.3% of AMZN's float is short; that's roughly 8 million out of 364 million shares. Lots of people are talking the talk, but not walking the walk.Amazon doesn't tell us how many Kindles it sells. Its margins stink. Profits blow when they report them. They spend too much. They took out a $3 billion bond. All of the above and anything else the bears come up with doesn't matter. Look at AMZN like you look at decorating a baby's room before it has been born. You are getting everything ready for big event. Of course, the entire pregnancy is a big deal. And you treat it as one. But, for nine months, you lay the groundwork for the really big event -- the birth of a new life that will sustain and breathe even more vibrancy into the world. Amazon operates on a longer life cycle, but it's the same concept. Don't short children because, after all, they are the future. And don't short AMZN because Jeff Bezos and his team continue to write the future. Follow @rocco_thestreet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV