Rosetta Stone Inc. (NYSE:RST), a leading provider of technology-based language-learning solutions, announced today the appointment of Westley Stringfellow as Chief Product Officer. Stringfellow will report to Steve Swad, President and Chief Executive Officer, and take on responsibility for product research, development, design and production.
“We are thrilled to have West join the Rosetta Stone management team,” said Swad. “He has a proven track record of building and leading agile, high-velocity teams that create innovative products. I’m confident he’ll be a major asset as we continue to enrich our online product experience, expand further on mobile platforms, and leverage Rosetta Stone’s pioneering technology to deliver winning products that go both deeper into language and beyond language as we move into new areas of learning.”
West joins Rosetta Stone from PayPal, where he led the platform, architecture, experimentation and developer product teams as the company’s Senior Director and Group Head, Global Product Platform. Previously, he oversaw the design, development and launch of PayPal’s point-of-sale and multichannel product suite as the company’s Senior Director of Emerging Opportunities. Prior to PayPal, West gained extensive experience at Fortune 500 companies, including Amazon and VISA, as well as start-ups, including netLibrary, Alibris, VSpan and Global Philanthropy Forum.
Stringfellow adds new strength to Rosetta Stone’s management team under Swad, who was elevated to CEO earlier this year. His arrival comes on the heels of Rosetta Stone’s third consecutive quarter of improved financial performance under Swad’s guidance. The company’s efforts to increase innovation and push towards digital solutions and a richer online learning experience have gathered significant momentum in 2012 and are expected to accelerate in 2013 with the addition of Stringfellow as Chief Product Officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV