"It could be argued that because a traditional financial guarantee policy exists between MBIA Corp. and LaCrosse, the CDS issued out of LaCrosse
The likelihood of a settlement between Bank of America and MBIA has been central to the thesis of analysts Mark Palmer of BTIG Securities and Harry Fong of MKM Partners, both of whom expect MBIA shares to roughly double over the next 12 months. Creditsights, which primarily focuses on bonds, makes no recommendation on MBIA's stock in its report, though a report Haines wrote in August valued the equity at $15.50. MBIA shares were up 0.57% to $8.89in early trading Thursday.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV