Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), the leader in cloud-based design and engineering software, and INDYCAR, the auto racing sanctioning body behind such famed events as the Indianapolis 500, have signed a three-year technology partnership.
The partnership will provide broad access to Autodesk software offerings, including Autodesk Product Design Suite, Autodesk Simulation 360, Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite and Autodesk PLM 360, to IZOD IndyCar Series teams and drivers that compete in the fastest and most diverse racing series in the world.
“INDYCAR’s technological heritage dates to the use of the first rearview mirror on an automobile during the inaugural Indianapolis 500 in 1911,” said Greg Gruning, executive vice president, Corporate Business Development at INDYCAR. “Our partnership with Autodesk is a 21 st century technology collaboration that gives INDYCAR new opportunities to improve our sport both on and off the racetrack in the near and long term.”
Increased role for Autodesk 3D SoftwareINDYCAR’s engineering and operations group will use Digital Prototyping applications such as Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD software to design and engineer product innovations for chassis designs, parts and components. The group also plans to employ the cloud-based optimization power of Autodesk Simulation 360 to digitally simulate the performance impact of design changes before they are added to the race cars. This capability will better enable the organization to come up with aerodynamic specifications for components that all race teams can agree upon -- reducing any advantages or disadvantages among teams and creating a more competitive and exciting racing environment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV