Shares of Aeropostale (ARO) fell 5% after the retailer gave fourth-quarter earnings guidance of 36 to 41 cents a share, well below the consensus view for a profit of 54 cents a share.
Late Wednesday, NCR (NCR) agreed to acquire Israeli software company Retalix (RTLX)for $30 a share, or $650 million. NCR shares were up 0.67% and Retalix shares gained 0.20% after a huge jump in yesterday's session.
Limited (LTD) shares tacked on 1.6% after the specialty retailer booked a better-than-expected 5% rise in November same-store sales.
Workday (WDAY), the enterprise cloud-based applications provider, posted a narrower-than-expected third-quarter loss and a better-than-expected current quarter revenue outlook. Still, shares fell 2.8%.Shares of Research In Motion (RIMM) surged 4% after the BlackBerry maker's stock was upgraded to buy from neutral at Goldman. Guess? (GES) shares added 1.9% after the apparel company declared a special dividend of $1.20 a share. -- Written by Andrea Tse and Joe Deaux in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV