ATLANTA, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It's time to "tech the halls" with help from The Home Depot®, the world's largest home improvement retailer, this holiday. The season's newest decor technologies aren't just designed to give homes a holiday facelift; they also save customers time, money and stress.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/59255-home-depot-tech-the-halls-its-christmas-time-at-the-home-depot
- If you are looking for Christmas ornaments, look at the NEW exclusive Maestro Mouse Interactive Christmas ornament, which uses RFID technology to play 24 voice-requested Christmas Carols that can be synchronized to Christmas lights and turns the tree lights on or off. Just say the commands and let the magic happen.
- New, exclusive artificial Christmas trees offer features such as a foot pedal on/off switch, low voltage LED lights that use 65 percent less energy and are safer for inside the home, and pre-decorated trees from designers, including Martha Stewart, that incorporate both modern and classic decor trends and tastes.
- Several artificial tree styles feature EZ Shape branches that require less effort to shape during setup. Also, The Quick Set Wesley Family of trees have an integrated connection built into the center pole that creates an instant electrical connection and allows the lights to come on instantly in just three easy steps.
- For customers who prefer live trees, The Home Depot, the largest seller of fresh cut Christmas trees, offers in-store and online purchasing options. Trees are available online at www.homedepot.com/holiday and can be delivered to our customers' doorsteps. The tree is cut within 24 hours of shipment to ensure freshness, and it ships for free.
- Outdoor decor options have also been expanded to showcase more than 40 exclusive sizes and designs of yard decor. The LightShow LED outdoor lights give the illusion of shooting star icicle lights and gently twinkling stars, creating a "Griswold" effect that a holiday decorator of any skill level can achieve. Some Lightshow LEDs also come with an integrated remote control that allows customers to do any of the light show functions with the push of a button and sync up to 17 units.
- The Home Depot introduced eight new styles of holiday gift cards, including two new novelty cards. Customers can choose a Santa's Apron that plays, "Jingle Bells," to the sound of a circular saw or a card that features a Christmas village and comes equipped with a holiday puzzle. And for a limited time, through a partnership with Someecards, The Home Depot will offer Someecard electronic gift cards for purchase on www.homedepot.com/giftcards.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts