URS Corporation (NYSE:URS) today announced that the Company has been awarded a contract by Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. to provide construction services for a mine tailings facility at the Morenci mine in southeast Arizona. The contract has a maximum value of approximately $104 million to URS.
Under the terms of the new contract, URS is responsible for the construction of a new tailings facility, including a pumping station, tailings dam and seepage collection system. The project is scheduled to be completed in September 2015.
Commenting on the contract, Robert W. Zaist, President of Energy & Construction for URS, said: “We are pleased to continue our long-term relationship with Freeport-McMoRan and to have the opportunity to support the expansion of the Morenci mine.”
URS Corporation (NYSE: URS) is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries ( http://www.urs.com ).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV