Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) today reported that November 2012 net sales increased 3 percent compared with last year.
Net sales for the four-week period ended November 24, 2012 were $1.52 billion compared with net sales of $1.47 billion for the four-week period ended November 26, 2011. The company’s comparable sales for November 2012 were up 3 percent compared with a 5 percent decrease for November 2011.
“Customers continue to respond positively to our product this year, enabling us to deliver consistent comp sales growth in North America,” said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc. “As we head into the thick of the holiday selling season, we’re confident and ready to compete across all our brands and channels.”
Comparable sales for November 2012 were as follows:
- Gap North America: positive 5 percent versus negative 2 percent last year
- Banana Republic North America: positive 3 percent versus flat last year
- Old Navy North America: positive 1 percent versus negative 7 percent last year
- International: positive 3 percent versus negative 9 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV