AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security to 143 million active users, today announced it has updated AVG AntiVirus for Android™ and launched the new AVG Safe Browser for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod® touch.
“AVG views mobile as a strategic focus area and since the launch of our first mobile security product in 2010, we have seen immense growth in this sector,” said JR Smith, CEO of AVG Technologies. “We were the first to provide a free security app for Android devices and today we are very excited to announce a new sleeker and easier to use interface on our very popular Android AntiVirus product. Also today we are launching AVG Safe Browser for iOS, delivering against our multiplatform strategy. This new browser brings AVG’s LinkScanner® and AVG Do Not Track technology to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.”
Updated AntiVirus for Android
The main eye catcher in AVG AntiVirus for Android version 3.0.2 is the new user interface. Based on extensive user feedback, the new design brings a fresh look and feel, and easier to use app.
- New design: sleeker & easier-to-use interface
- Faster and more efficient access to features, tools and sub-categories
- New dashboard
- New categories & menus
- Protection – the App and File Scanner protect the mobile device against threats, the Settings Scanner helps to optimize security, SMS Filtering keeps messaging free of scams and Safe Web Surfing protects against suspicious sites before a user lands on them.
- Performance – Tune Up and Task Killer optimize performance.
- Anti-theft – Find and protect a phone if lost or stolen by locating, locking, displaying an onscreen message and wiping it.
- Privacy – App Locker protects your apps from prying eyes by enabling you to lock and secure them individually from being accessed by other people using your phone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV