Cisco Systems (CSCO)
Background: Cisco designs, manufactures and sells Internet protocol based networking and other products related to the communications and information technology industries worldwide. Founded in 1984, it is headquartered in San Jose, Calif.
52-Week Range: $14.96 to $21.30Book Value: $9.92 Price To Book: 1.9 Earnings Payout Percentage: 23% In the last month, the stock performed well with a 9.2% increase. If you added to your portfolio while shares traded under $18, well done. If not, it's not too late as shares are still heavily discounted due to fears of economic headwinds. Cisco currently pays 56 cents per share in dividends for a yield of 3%. As a result, investors can sit on their hands and wait it out. At 3%, you're a lot better off than letting it sit in a bank earning 0.5% Analysts as a whole like Cisco as much as I do. Currently, Cisco has 29 buy recommendations out of 46 analysts, along with 14 holds, and three have given it a sell rating. The one year return is 8.2%, and the average analyst target price for is $21.59. CSCO Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV