Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
Background: The world's sixth-largest consumer health company. The world's largest and most diverse medical devices and diagnostics company. The world's fifth-largest biologics company and the world's eighth-largest pharmaceuticals company.
52-Week Range: $61.71 to $72.74Book Value: $20.95 Price To Book: 3.3 Earnings Payout Percentage: 77% Investors are receiving $2.44 in dividends for a yield of 3.5%. On Aug. 29, I wrote about J&J and the closing price was $67.37. It didn't take long for J&J to move higher, and along with the capital gain, J&J paid 61 cents in dividends since. Conversely, the S&P 500 (SPY) didn't fare quite as well. The overall market is down slightly. Analysts as a whole like this company. Currently, Johnson & Johnson has 14 buy recommendations out of 26 analysts covering the company, along with 11 holds, and one rates it as a sell. Shares have really appreciated, gaining 12% in the last year, and the average analyst target price is $75.13.
With short interest above 5%, investors will want to monitor changes to know if short sellers turn up the warning signals. Otherwise, the current 5.8% of the float short is relatively small and not a major concern. It's actually declined since my Aug. 29 article, a very good sign. JNJ Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV