Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM)
Background: Taiwan Semiconductor engages in computer-aided designing, manufacturing, packaging, testing, and selling integrated circuits and other semiconductor devices; and manufacturing masks.
52-Week Range: $12.14 to $16.97Book Value: $4.45 Price To Book: 3.7 Earnings Payout Percentage: 39% The company currently pays 40 cents per share in dividends for a yield of 2.4%. Taiwan Semiconductor is like an Asian Energizer bunny. It keeps going and going. In the last month alone, the stock climbed 9%. Taiwan Semiconductor continues to make new 52-week highs just about every time I pull up the charts to look at it. If you have a strong constitution, you can buy right into strength and ride out the volatility. Otherwise, the conservative (and my personal approach) is to wait for a retracement from profit taking. After shares ease back (assuming they do), enter into a position by scaling in.
Four of seven analysts now rate the company a hold while one recommends buying and two recommend selling. Analysts may have missed a good one. In the last 12 months, the shares have really moved higher. The one year return is 38%, and the average analyst target price for Taiwan Semiconductor is $15.52. Almost zero desire by short sellers to move against this stock. Short interest hardly moves the needle with only 0.5% of the float. If you don't add this one to your portfolio, at least add it to your watch list. A lot can be gained just by watching the price action of a strong trending stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV