Apple comes along and says, Listen, kill that party so we can have access to the most desirable programming that remains in this increasingly mobile and on-demand world. We'll screw you guys just like we did the music labels when we blew up the idea of buying a CD for fifteen bucks. We'll take sports and offer it unbundled through a device we want you to subsidize, unlocking value for a company with $6 trillion in cash offshore and customers who have hated cable for the last 10 years.
Rupert Murdoch. Jeff Bewkes. These guys are not that dumb. They're certainly not going to fall hook, line and sinker for the ill of history repeating itself. And definitely not with Steve Jobs out of the picture.
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV