When you have a 2 1/2-month-old, you're too freaking tired to even think about anything of that stuff.
I'm not complaining. We got over it around five to six months in.
I had this very conversation on Tuesday with a parent of a boy in my kid's class. He and his wife were in the exact situation as my wife and I were, right around the same time, feeling the very same way, except they lived a few blocks from the beach in Santa Monica.
It's the type of brutal honesty few people talk about, but it makes for one heck of a Louie C. K. comedy routine.Belkin thinks it "will probably be best" if Mayer sticks to her promise to not talk about the life-work balance. Maybe it would make Belkin feel better if Mayer did speak up in a few weeks. If things are no longer "easy," she can tell us what a wicked task it can be caring for this thing you cannot effectively communicate with. I'm certain if Mayer gave us such brutal honesty, women -- maybe not Belkin, but others like her -- would line up to scold Mayer for being this cold, heartless, selfish, type-A CEO Mom. Public enemy No. 1 to inadequate women everywhere. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV