SHENZHEN, China, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- China BAK Battery, Inc. ("China BAK" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: CBAK), a leading global manufacturer of lithium-based battery cells, today announced that the Company has received a letter from the NASDAQ Listing Qualifications department, dated November 26, 2012, notifying the Company that it has regained compliance with the independent director and audit committee requirements for continued listing set forth in NASDAQ Listing Rules 5605(b)(1) and 5605(c)(2), respectively, as Ms. Martha Agee has been appointed as a member of the Company's Board of Directors, a member of each of the Audit, Compensation and Nominating and Corporate Governance Committees.
On October 11, 2012, the NASDAQ Stock Market staff notified the Company that it did not comply with the independent director and audit committee requirements for continued listing on the NASDAQ Global Market because its majority of the Board of Directors be not comprised of independent directors and the Company's Audit Committee be not comprised of at least three members.
About China BAK Battery, Inc .
China BAK Battery, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBAK) is a leading global manufacturer of lithium-based battery cells. The Company produces battery cells that are the principal component of rechargeable batteries commonly used in cellular phones, smartphones, notebook computers, e-bikes, electric vehicles, power tools, uninterruptible power supplies, and portable consumer electronics such as portable media players, portable gaming devices, personal digital assistants, or PDAs, camcorders, digital cameras, and Bluetooth headsets. China BAK Battery, Inc.'s production facilities, located in Shenzhen and Tianjin, PRC, cover over three million square feet. For more information regarding China BAK Battery, Inc., please visit http://www.bak.com.cn.Safe Harbor Statement
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV