REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsoft Corp. today announced that its board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.23 per share. The dividend is payable March 14, 2013, to shareholders of record on Feb. 21, 2013. The ex-dividend date will be Feb. 19, 2013.
As announced in July, as part of the board's annual review of its governance structure, the board decided to make its oversight structure more efficient by reorganizing its committees. The board now has four committees composed of independent directors, instead of five. At a meeting following today's shareholder meeting the board approved changes to the makeup of the board's committees and selected a new lead independent director.
The Audit Committee members are Dina Dublon, Stephen J. Luczo, Dr. Helmut Panke and Charles H. Noski (chairperson). The Compensation Committee members are Dina Dublon, Maria M. Klawe and John W. Thompson (chairperson). The Governance and Nominating Committee members are Stephen J. Luczo, Charles H. Noski and David F. Marquardt (chairperson). The Regulatory and Public Policy Committee members are Maria M. Klawe, John W. Thompson and Dr. Helmut Panke (chairperson).The independent directors of the board also appointed John W. Thompson as lead independent director. Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. SOURCE Microsoft Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV