ATLANTA, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a lease-to-own retailer specializing in the sales and lease ownership of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, is donating $150,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund to aid the millions of Americans affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Aaron's associates and franchisees raised $50,000 through a companywide fundraiser implemented at the store level, while Aaron's Foundation, Inc. supported the cause with an additional donation of $100,000.
"The recent events involving Hurricane Sandy have been devastating to many communities where Aaron's associates and customers live and work, and there continues to be a desperate need to restore normalcy back to these areas," said Ronald W. Allen, Aaron's Chairman, President and CEO. "We commend everyone at our stores across the country for their generosity in giving back to their fellow associates in need, and it was only natural that the Aaron's Foundation follow with an additional donation to further maximize our impact. We're so pleased to present this donation to the American Red Cross and hope the funds are able to significantly aid the effort to rebuild the lives of those affected."About Aaron's, Inc. Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 2,009 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada. Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur and Chairman Emeritus R. Charles Loudermilk, Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982. For more information, visit www.aarons.com. SOURCE Aaron's, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV