TYSONS CORNER, Va., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy ® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that it has certified its integration with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse service. Launched by Amazon Web Services (AWS) today, Amazon Redshift is a cloud-based analytical data warehouse service designed to deliver high performance analytics for data warehouse and Big Data applications. MicroStrategy will be demonstrating the integration inside the AWS booth at AWS's re: Invent conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. The demonstration will showcase direct cloud-to-cloud integration between Amazon Redshift and MicroStrategy Cloud, MicroStrategy's own cloud-based business analytics platform-as-a-service.
"Amazon Redshift brings the scalability and cost-effectiveness of the AWS Cloud to the analytical database market and it complements Amazon Elastic MapReduce, expanding AWS' presence in the high-growth Big Data space," said Sanju Bansal, Vice Chairman of the Board and Executive Vice President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "We're honored to have been selected to work with the AWS team to certify Amazon Redshift, and we're excited to demonstrate the power of this integration together with AWS at their re: Invent conference."
"Data volumes continue to explode, driving the need for analytical insight. In response, organizations are demanding more flexible, cost-effective approaches to harness these Big Data resources," said Sundar Raghavan, GM of Relational Database Services at Amazon Web Services. "Amazon Redshift is a fast, cost-effective data warehouse service designed to provide customers high performance for their big data analytics needs and it's a pleasure to work with MicroStrategy, a leader in Big Data analytics."
Innovation in Big Data AnalyticsAs one of the first vendors to certify integration with Amazon Redshift, MicroStrategy continues to demonstrate leadership and innovation in both major dimensions of Big Data analytics:
- Hadoop. MicroStrategy has delivered pioneering technology to enhance both the usability and performance of Hadoop in business intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's integration with Hadoop enables customers using Hadoop software or services like Cloudera or Amazon Elastic MapReduce to interact with a point-and-click interface to query data, without the need to develop HiveQL scripts or MapReduce jobs. As a result, a broad range of users, including business analysts and non-technical users, can quickly and easily extract and deliver actionable insights from massive amounts of structured and unstructured data stored in Hadoop. To maximize overall performance and throughput, MicroStrategy has developed Very Large Database Drivers (VLDB) specifically for Hadoop that generate optimized queries. In addition, MicroStrategy offers support for the latest technologies that accelerate the analytical performance of Hadoop, such as Cloudera's Impala project.
- Large-scale data warehousing. MicroStrategy is widely recognized as the performance-leading business analytics vendor for large-scale data warehousing applications and federated Big Data access. MicroStrategy's ROLAP (Relational Online Analytical Processing) architecture generates highly optimized SQL to maximize the performance and scalability of all major data sources. MicroStrategy's SQL generation engine builds on a fifteen year heritage of database-specific optimizations and incorporates a variety of performance-enhancing innovations like multi-pass SQL, dynamic aggregate-aware data sourcing, drill-through capability, and multi-source push down architecture. MicroStrategy's multi-level caching and in-memory cube architecture further accelerates query performance and reduces latency. Through its MicroStrategy Cloud service, MicroStrategy also offers cloud-based, highly optimized high performance data warehouse services, scalable to hundreds of terabytes of relational data.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts