TYSONS CORNER, Va., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy ® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that it has certified its integration with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse service. Launched by Amazon Web Services (AWS) today, Amazon Redshift is a cloud-based analytical data warehouse service designed to deliver high performance analytics for data warehouse and Big Data applications. MicroStrategy will be demonstrating the integration inside the AWS booth at AWS's re: Invent conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. The demonstration will showcase direct cloud-to-cloud integration between Amazon Redshift and MicroStrategy Cloud, MicroStrategy's own cloud-based business analytics platform-as-a-service.
"Amazon Redshift brings the scalability and cost-effectiveness of the AWS Cloud to the analytical database market and it complements Amazon Elastic MapReduce, expanding AWS' presence in the high-growth Big Data space," said Sanju Bansal, Vice Chairman of the Board and Executive Vice President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "We're honored to have been selected to work with the AWS team to certify Amazon Redshift, and we're excited to demonstrate the power of this integration together with AWS at their re: Invent conference."
"Data volumes continue to explode, driving the need for analytical insight. In response, organizations are demanding more flexible, cost-effective approaches to harness these Big Data resources," said Sundar Raghavan, GM of Relational Database Services at Amazon Web Services. "Amazon Redshift is a fast, cost-effective data warehouse service designed to provide customers high performance for their big data analytics needs and it's a pleasure to work with MicroStrategy, a leader in Big Data analytics."
Innovation in Big Data AnalyticsAs one of the first vendors to certify integration with Amazon Redshift, MicroStrategy continues to demonstrate leadership and innovation in both major dimensions of Big Data analytics:
- Hadoop. MicroStrategy has delivered pioneering technology to enhance both the usability and performance of Hadoop in business intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's integration with Hadoop enables customers using Hadoop software or services like Cloudera or Amazon Elastic MapReduce to interact with a point-and-click interface to query data, without the need to develop HiveQL scripts or MapReduce jobs. As a result, a broad range of users, including business analysts and non-technical users, can quickly and easily extract and deliver actionable insights from massive amounts of structured and unstructured data stored in Hadoop. To maximize overall performance and throughput, MicroStrategy has developed Very Large Database Drivers (VLDB) specifically for Hadoop that generate optimized queries. In addition, MicroStrategy offers support for the latest technologies that accelerate the analytical performance of Hadoop, such as Cloudera's Impala project.
- Large-scale data warehousing. MicroStrategy is widely recognized as the performance-leading business analytics vendor for large-scale data warehousing applications and federated Big Data access. MicroStrategy's ROLAP (Relational Online Analytical Processing) architecture generates highly optimized SQL to maximize the performance and scalability of all major data sources. MicroStrategy's SQL generation engine builds on a fifteen year heritage of database-specific optimizations and incorporates a variety of performance-enhancing innovations like multi-pass SQL, dynamic aggregate-aware data sourcing, drill-through capability, and multi-source push down architecture. MicroStrategy's multi-level caching and in-memory cube architecture further accelerates query performance and reduces latency. Through its MicroStrategy Cloud service, MicroStrategy also offers cloud-based, highly optimized high performance data warehouse services, scalable to hundreds of terabytes of relational data.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV