DALLAS, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) today announced that the airline is consolidating operations from three AirTran Reservations Call Centers into a single call center in Atlanta. The new Atlanta Customer Support & Services (CS&S) Call Center will become the seventh Southwest Airlines Call Center and will be located in the AirTran Corporate Center (ACC) in College Park. The expansion in the new Atlanta Call Center will be Southwest's first center in the Eastern Time Zone and joins Southwest CS&S Centers in Albuquerque, Chicago, Houston, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, and San Antonio. The Atlanta Call Center at the ACC will open in early May 2013; following that time, the airline will close the Carrollton and Savannah Call Centers on July 31, 2013. The airline is offering every Employee in both the Savannah and Carrollton Centers a job opportunity.
Initially, the new Atlanta Call Center will handle all AirTran Airways calls, and then will transition to handle Southwest Customer calls in the future. The new Atlanta Call Center opens in May and will have more than 300 desks to handle inbound calls.
"The decision to consolidate these three centers is one more step toward the integration of Southwest and AirTran. Our new Atlanta Call Center honors AirTran's history while casting a future vision for call center operations at Southwest," said Southwest Airlines Vice President Customer Support and Services Jack Smith. "Our Customer Support and Services Employees are an important touch point for our Customers, and we look forward to continuing this dedication to Customer Service in our expanded Atlanta Call Center as well as our other six Southwest Airlines CS&S Centers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV