No action is required by Abbott shareholders in order to receive shares of AbbVie common stock in the distribution. Abbott expects to mail the information statement to all shareholders entitled to receive the distribution of shares of AbbVie common stock in mid-December. The information statement is an exhibit to AbbVie's Registration Statement on Form 10 that describes AbbVie, including the risks of owning AbbVie common stock, and other details regarding the separation.
AbbVie will be a research-based specialty biopharmaceuticals company with a broad portfolio of medicines, including leadership in immunology and virology, and a pipeline of breakthrough therapies. Abbott will be one of the largest science-based healthcare companies with diversified market-leading offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals – all aligned with favorable healthcare trends.
About AbbottAbbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
Abbott's news releases and other information are available on the company's Web site at
– Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 –
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV