TSXV: CNC OTCBB: CNYC
VANCOUVER, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Canyon Copper Corp. ("Canyon") (TSX-V: CNC) (OTCBB: CNYC) is very pleased to announce that Mr. John Kerr, P.Eng. has been appointed to the Board of Directors. He has been a member on Canyon's Advisory Board which is utilized to assist Canyon's management in the evaluation and development of the Moonlight and New York Canyon Projects.
John Kerr, P. Eng. Geologist. Mr. Kerr graduated from the University of British Columbia in 1964 with a Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc) degree in Geological Engineering. He has participated in the mining industry continuously since graduation as an exploration geologist. His expertise is epithermal and sedex-hosted precious metal deposits in the southwest United States, strata controlled gold deposits and porphyry copper/gold/molybdenum deposits of the western Cordillera and VMS deposits in all areas of North America. Successful ventures include recognition and discovery of the Santa Fe gold mine, identification of the Calvada gold mine located on the northern boundary of the New Canyon property, and discovery of the Mindora gold/silver deposit, all located in Nevada. He is also credited with early identification of two VMS deposits at the Rambler Mine in Newfoundland and recognition of the Frasergold strata controlled gold deposit in British Columbia. Mr. Kerr has served as a director of numerous public companies and is currently a Director of Quaterra Resources (NYSE Amex: QMM, TSX.V: QTA) and Bravada Gold Corp (TSX-V:BVA).
During the early exploration of the Santa Fe and Calvada deposits (1973-1979), Mr Kerr familiarized himself with exploration endeavours on the Longshot Ridge copper skarn and the Copper Queen porphyry copper deposits on the New York Canyon property. His knowledge of these deposits will provide invaluable input to ongoing development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV