Appointment To The Transportation Appeal Tribunal Of Canada
OTTAWA, Nov. 28, 2012 /CNW/ - The Honourable Denis Lebel, Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities today announced the appointment of Mr. Gary Drouin to the Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada (TATC). He has been appointed as a part time member for a four-year term.
"I am pleased that the TATC will benefit from the breadth of knowledge about the transportation industry that Mr. Drouin brings through his expertise in the field of rail transport ," said Minister Lebel.
Mr. Drouin of Chelsea, Quebec, has over 30 years of experience in management and administration at Transport Canada, where he has specialized in rail safety. In his daily work, and as president of an international symposium, Mr. Drouin has actively promoted level crossing safety and trespass prevention though outreach and education. Through his skill in facilitating international partnerships, sharing knowledge, and fostering collaboration on projects, he has contributed to Canada being recognized as a world leader in railway safety. Mr. Drouin has received several prizes for excellence, including one from l'Association du transport écolier du Québec for his work on school transport safety. He has been a member of a number of organizations including the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and the Canadian Association of Police Chiefs.
The TATC is a multimodal tribunal that provides a recourse mechanism to the air, rail and marine sectors with respect to certain administrative actions taken by the Minister of Transport under various pieces of federal transportation legislation. The TATC holds review and appeal hearings at the request of persons affected by these administrative decisions.SOURCE Transport Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV