- For the first time, the survey's respondents indicated that they were using mobile devices for homework. In previous surveys, the respondents said they were using the devices largely for entertainment and to keep in touch with others.
- More Hispanic (49 percent) and African-American (42 percent) middle school students are using their smartphones for homework than Caucasian students (36 percent).
- Smartphone use for homework also crosses income levels, with 29 percent of the students from the lowest-income households reporting smartphone usage to do their homework assignments.
New National Survey Finds That More Than A Third Of Middle School Students Use Mobile Devices For Homework; Yet Mobile-Device Use Is Still Not Common In Classrooms
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts