Appointment To The Great Lakes Pilotage Authority
OTTAWA, Nov. 28, 2012 /CNW/ -The Honourable Steven Fletcher, Minister of State (Transport), today announced the appointment of Ms. Danièle Dion to the Great Lakes Pilotage Authority for a term of three years.
"I am very pleased Ms. Dion has agreed to serve as vice-chair on the board of directors," said Minister Fletcher. "Her legal expertise and excellent track record in the fields of marine policy and legislation will be of immense value to the Great Lakes Pilotage Authority."
Ms Dion is a partner at the law firm Brisset Bishop in Montreal, which she joined in 1996. There she has specialized in admiralty litigation, transportation and insurance law, working with many prominent names in the Canadian transportation industry and in international maritime insurance. Ms. Dion has a comprehensive knowledge of the marine industry from her role as counsel to terminal operators, stevedores, ship owners and managers, insurers, charterers as well as operators.
Prior to this, after being called to the Quebec Bar in 1985, Ms. Dion was at the Department of Justice for eleven years where she mainly provided services related to marine litigation, legislation, international conventions and agreements as well as regulatory and commercial issues. In addition, she has served on the board of several organizations, including the Canadian Maritime Law Association as a director since 2001. Ms. Dion has also contributed several articles to the Journal of Maritime Law and Commerce.The mandate of the Great Lakes Pilotage Authority is to establish, operate, maintain and administer in the interest of safety, an efficient pilotage service within the Great Lakes region for commercial vessels. SOURCE Transport Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV