Nissan Canton Hosts Fifth Annual Ministers Day
CANTON, Miss., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, as part of its fifth annual Ministers Day, the Nissan Canton Vehicle Assembly Plant hosted faith leaders from throughout the Metro Jackson region to provide updates on the plant's operations during the past year and an outlook on community-based activities in the months ahead.
As part of today's event, Nissan donated $50,000 to Mission Mississippi, an organization that promotes the virtues of diversity, inclusion and reconciliation throughout the state – principles that exemplify The NISSAN WAY. Since 2005, Nissan has donated more than $75,000 to Mission Mississippi's general fund and today's donation is one of the first to the group's 2013 capital campaign. Mission Mississippi will celebrate its 20 th anniversary in 2013.The day's activities included presentations by the plant's leadership, opportunities to test drive various vehicles manufactured at the Canton plant and a question and answer session. Dan Bednarzyk, Nissan vice president, manufacturing - Canton, said the opportunity to meet with local faith leaders to support local non-profit organizations represents the company's bedrock commitment to the communities where Nissan lives and works. "Nissan understands the role of ministers in our communities not only as faith leaders, but also as community leaders," Bednarzyk said. "We invite them to visit with us at our manufacturing facility each year so they can see first-hand the great work done by our employees, the environment in which they work, the quality products we produce and our commitment to the community. It is also a valuable opportunity to hear directly from them about issues affecting the broader community and to receive constructive feedback."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV