SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's InformationWeek Reports, a service provider for peer-based IT research and analysis, announced the release of its latest research report. 2013 Virtualization Management Survey encompasses analysis of results from InformationWeek's recent Virtualization Management Survey and helps readers take the next steps in implementing virtualization from the network to the desktop. Over 300 respondents took part in the survey.
Virtualization technology is extending from servers to applications, storage and the network itself. Exploits targeting the hypervisor are very real. Security has become a major concern at the hypervisor level. Vulnerabilities aimed at systems that were previously (albeit erroneously) considered invulnerable have begun to crop up with some regularity; hopefully that's prompting hard thinking about how security concerns are assessed and remediated as we move into the hypervisor-enabled service-oriented IT future.Findings:
- 50% of respondents use platform-bundled tools such as Virtual Machine Manager, Virtual Center or XenCenter to manage virtual machines and hypervisor hosts.
- 69% say server virtualization is very important to their organization's overall IT strategy.
- 40% expect to have 75% or more of their production servers virtualized by the end of 2013.
- 15% have fully deployed automation suites versus 45% with no plans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV