New Report On Education And Workforce Training Initiatives
The policy paper advocates for creation of a career pathways credentialing system designed to produce credentials that are trusted by employers and educational institutions throughout the country and allow students to quickly earn shorter-term credentials with clear labor market value and then build on them to access more advanced jobs and higher wages. It also describes innovative programs that are being developed at the federal, state, and local levels that are leading the way in redesigning how we train our country's workforce.
The authors conclude that, "As a nation, we need to recognize and embrace that there are multiple paths to high quality careers that involve post-secondary education: portable, stackable industry-recognized credentials and/or a traditional college degree."
James T. Austin is Director of Assessment Services at the Center on Education and Training for Employment (CETE) in the College of Education and Human Ecology at The Ohio State University; Gail O. Mellow is President of LaGuardia Community College/ City University of New York; Mitch Rosin is Director, Adult Learning and Workforce Initiatives at McGraw-Hill Education, and Marlene Seltzer is President and CEO of Jobs for the Future (JFF).
To download a copy of Portable, Stackable Credentials: A New Education Model for Industry-Specific Career Pathways ," click here.About The McGraw-Hill Research Foundation The Foundation was established with the support of The McGraw-Hill Companies and is a Section 501(c)(3) organization. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hillresearchfoundation.org/. SOURCE McGraw-Hill Research Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV