Principal Global Investors, LLC, a leading global asset manager and a member of the Principal Financial Group ® (NYSE:PFG), announces Mohammed Zaidi and Alan Wang, CFA, are returning to the firm as senior members of the emerging markets equity team.
Zaidi will manage global emerging market equities and serve as the head of emerging Asia strategies. Wang will serve as portfolio manager for Hong Kong and China equities, and research team lead for the greater China region.
This is a homecoming of sorts with Principal Global Investors for both fund managers. Zaidi previously served as senior emerging market equities analyst from 2001 to 2006. Wang was with the firm from 2003 to 2008, initially as a member of the global research and development team, and then as an emerging markets analyst and portfolio manager for Hong Kong equities.
“It’s with great pleasure we welcome both Mohammed and Alan back to the team,” said Mustafa Sagun, chief investment officer - equities, at Principal Global Investors. “Their experience in global emerging markets and Asian equities combined with their familiarity with our team and stock selection philosophy allows them to seamlessly contribute to portfolios, with no alteration to our investment process.”Zaidi will be based in Singapore, while Wang will be based in Hong Kong. Both will report to Mihail Dobrinov, head of emerging market equities. Zaidi has more than 15 years of global emerging market equities investment experience, with a particular emphasis on Asia throughout his career. Since 2006, he has managed global emerging market equities for Scottish Windows Investment Partnership and, most recently, Martin Currie Investment Management in Edinburgh, Scotland. He has an MBA from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sloan School of Management, and a bachelor’s degree in economics from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV