ATLANTA, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the world's leading global hotel companies, today announced that its Holiday Inn brand is marking another innovative first by becoming the first major hotel brand to launch a travel app for Windows 8 – the newest version of the Windows operating platform for a variety of PCs and tablet devices. Holiday Inn is the world's largest upper midscale hotel brand by number of rooms. The new app allows guests to find and book rooms at any Holiday Inn hotel, as well as at the more than 4,500 IHG hotels worldwide, including the InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® brands. Through the app's tile on the Start screen, guests can directly search for hotels; see property photo galleries and descriptions; and view existing reservations. Priority Club® Rewards members also can view their status and check their points balance.
"Holiday Inn has transformed the hospitality industry with its innovative and modern approach to guest services, and has a rich heritage of firsts in the industry, so it was a natural fit for our first app for Windows 8 to be rolled out with this industry-leading brand," said Michael Menis, vice president, Web and Interactive Marketing, IHG.
The Holiday Inn app for Windows 8 is available for free download, with no hidden costs, from the Windows Store. The new app builds upon IHG's success in developing innovative, consumer-facing technology that facilitates guests' access to e-commerce tools for hotel stays.
"Developing an easy-to-use e-commerce app furthers our commitment to identifying and leveraging emerging technology to drive satisfaction for our guests, while optimizing revenue delivery for our hotels," Menis added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV