Data from Best Stocks Now App
Fomento's shares are a bit more expensive than its U. S. counterpart, but then investors have to pay up a bit for superior growth. Fomento's income is expected to grow by 14.3% per year over the next five years while Coke is looking at just 8.2% growth. In fact, the PEG ratio is much more favorable on the Mexican middle-weight contender.
Advantage: FMX.While the food and beverage sector is not exactly one of the top-ranked sectors in the market right now, I like the fact that Fomento also owns convenience stores. This gives it exposure to the more highly rated consumer and retail sectors. Data from Best Stocks Now App Lastly, let's compare the charts of the two stocks: I prefer to buy stocks in uptrends. Even though I have owned FMX for a while, I would have no problem buying this stock today. Data from Best Stocks Now App In fact, when I compare Fomento against the other 3,185 stocks that I follow, it comes in at number 34. Not bad for a large-cap stock. I think I will pop open an icy cold Mexican Coca-Cola and ponder on the fiscal cliff. At the time of publication the author had a position in FMX. Follow @pwstreet This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV