NORTHBROOK, Ill., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation (NYSE: KS), (the "Company" or "KapStone") announced today that its Board of Directors approved a $2.00 per share special cash dividend. The dividend payout will total approximately $95 million based on the current shares outstanding.
Roger W. Stone, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company commented, "Given the uncertain tax environment, we believe that it is prudent to return to our shareholders in a tax efficient method a portion of the significant gains that the Company has generated. After the dividends are paid, KapStone's balance sheet will remain very strong with an EBITDA to debt leverage ratio still below two times. In addition, we have amended our senior secured credit agreement to lower our interest pricing grid by 25 bps. With KapStone's low leverage ratio, the $450 million accordion provision in our credit facility, and our even lower borrowing costs, KapStone is very well positioned to continue to pursue growth opportunities."
The special cash dividend will be payable on December 20, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on December 10, 2012. The NYSE has determined that the ex-dividend date will be December 6, 2012. Shareholders who sell their shares on or before the December 6, 2012 ex-dividend date will also be selling their rights to receive the $2.00 per share cash dividend. Shareholders are advised to contact their financial advisor before selling their shares.
For U.S. federal income tax purposes, it is expected that the special dividend will primarily represent dividend income to shareholders. Shareholders are encouraged to consult with their own tax and financial advisors regarding the implications of the special dividend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV