JACKSON, Mich., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Employees at the Macomb Service Center in Clinton Township today presented a $1,000 grant from the Consumers Energy Foundation to Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan.
Macomb employees earned the chance to select a local nonprofit organization to receive a foundation grant because they were finalists in Consumers Energy's companywide "Ethics in Action" awards program. The program recognizes employees who display the highest commitment to compliance and ethical standards.
Macomb management and Consumers Energy senior executives presented the $1,000 check to Gleaners at a ceremony at the service center.
"We believe giving back is a major component of what it means to be a highly ethical company," said David Mengebier, chief compliance officer for Consumers Energy and its parent company, CMS Energy. "That's why this connection between our internal dedication to compliance and ethics and our external philanthropic efforts is so unique and meaningful."In addition to Macomb, Consumers Energy honored the North Kent Service Center near Grand Rapids as a finalist. The Five Channels Hydroelectric Dam near Mio won the grand prize, and nine individual Consumers Energy employees also were recognized. "It's critical to recognize employees whose decisions help promote a strong culture of ethics and compliance," Mengebier said. Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS), provides natural gas and electricity to 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties. For more information regarding Consumers Energy, visit us at: www.consumersenergy.com or join us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/consumersenergymichigan SOURCE Consumers Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV